logo

logo

Sunday, October 21, 2012

2nd Open Practice - Oct. 20

A view of the practice room bleacher seats.
Yesterday was the 2nd open practice held as part of the weekend homecoming festivities.

The team doing pushups at the end of practice.
The intensity in the room is definitely high and the team is working extremely hard. Practice lasts about 1-1/2 hours with warm-ups, drills, intense one-on-one matches followed by wind sprints and calisthenics. If anyone wants to join in I'm sure they would make room for you!

The most striking thing was the intense level of competition in the room. This is a team that is serious and believes that they are ready to step up to the next level. I was especially impressed by how hard some of the younger folks were pushing the older guys during the one-on-ones. I believe some of the young guys could  make the lineup if the veterans don't stay on their toes!

I am confident that this team is headed in the right direction and is on the verge of becoming one of the top teams in the country. I think top five is not out of the question along with Penn State, Minnesota, Iowa, Oklahoma. I'm serious, I think this team is scratching at this door. If I were the coach of any of these teams I would not want to wrestle us in Gill!

The team and coaches deserve our support so show up whenever possible, cheer loud, and let the wrestlers know how proud you are of them.

Jack D. (Elizabeth's husband)

------

No comments:

Post a Comment