logo

logo

Monday, February 29, 2016

Dhesi Named Outstanding Wrestler & Pac-12 Recap

For those still basking in the glow of the hard fought victory at the Pac-12 Championships, it seems like a good time for a recap.

Unknown at the time of my last email, congratulations are due to Beaver heavyweight Amar Dhesi for capturing the Most Outstanding Wrestler of the Tournament award. Dhesi took the title with 2 falls and a major decision that was one point shy of being a tech fall. His two falls were the most of any wrestler at the tournament. Congratulations, Amar! The latest article at Oregon State's site gives more information on Dhesi's award.

If you haven't already read the recaps of the tournament, you can find several articles on-line:
Oregon State's article
Host Arizona State's article
OregonLive's article by Scott Nelson (Thanks, Craig Scharer, for sending me this link!)
final brackets - if you haven't already seen them or want to download a completed copy for yourself

The other schools, Stanford, Bakersfield and Cal Poly also have articles, but I will let you look them up, so I don't get dinged for putting too many links in here.

I did write a short post with photos at "The FALL"'s blogsite  about the welcome back that our Champions received at OSU yesterday evening. Unfortunately, I did not have my better camera with me, nor were we on the right side of the court to get the original photo. Some of the wrestlers or coaches may not be in the photos. So if anyone was there taking pictures that would like to share, send them to me and I can post them, too.

Now we wait until March 9 when the "at large" bids to the NCAA's will be announced. Hopefully, the Beavers will pick up one to three more!

Go Beavs!!

No comments:

Post a Comment